Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of School Outfit

Dress: Ross
Tank: TJ Maxx
Cardigan: Loft
Shoes: gentle souls via overstock

Wow, going back to school is CRAZY BUSY!!! On top of going back to school I have a cold or allergies (but I have never had allergies before) so I am not feeling very good. Thank goodness for Alevee D! Aren't the ruffles on this dress adorable? I love the color too!! The only problem with this dress is that it shows every little bump under it. I could see the thread bumps from the tank I had under it - that is why I wore the cardigan to hide that and all the other lumps and bumps.

Monday was our first day and my kids are super chatty - they talk all the time! What happened to the "honeymoon period" apparently my class missed that memo. I have a few kids that I am very worried about and today was only the 3rd day! But, I think this year will be great. I am excited to see the huge amount of progress they will make!

Back to clothes . . . well shoes, I had to change into flats before lunch. These shoes were digging into my little toe but the flats hurt even more so I put on a band-aid to stop the rubbing. I thought these would be exactly the type of shoe I am looking for bur so far they are just ok. I will wear them at least 2 more times before I do a review so I hope it is just that I am not used to wearing heels and being on my feet all day just yet. We'll see!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I do love the ruffles and that IS a really great color on you!

I have a dress that shows all the lumps and bumps - probably why I don't wear it much. Perhaps Spanx would help?

Sarina said...

I love the ruffles on this dress and those are the cutest shoes!!! That is a great color on you too!

Keely said...

Cute dress and I love the ruffles. Congrats on making it through day 3! I still have 12 days until the first day of school. I'm grateful for that since we are moving tomorrow and the next day and the next day, I'm sure.

FashionAddict said...

Super cute! Love the ruffle detail, and that color looks fabulous on you. Good luck with the first week! My mother's a teacher and started again, too. I think that sense of a new year and renewal/anxiety/energy is a real asset to the profession.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Great first day back outfit! You should submit it for our back to school conference at Fashionable Academics!